Sat, Jun 11|
Still Point Wellness (New Location Soon)
Integrative Stretching: Principles & Methods/Breath & Balance
Jump into a weekend workshop about stretching. Learn how to use simple, safe, and effective stretch techniques to help your clients access better movement and functioning (Approved for 14CEs by NCBTMB)
Time & Location
Jun 11, 9:00 AM – Jun 12, 4:00 PM
Still Point Wellness (New Location Soon), 81 B Central Ave, Asheville, NC 28801, USA
About the Event
Assisted stretching is often an addendum to most basic training programs for fitness coaches and bodyworkers. Mobility, flexibility, and range of motion are gradually becoming more and more recognized as measures of optimal health and performance. This course is geared towards bodyworkers, personal trainers, movement therapists, and anyone else who wants to improve the ability of their clients to move better through designing sessions focused on improving both passive and active range of motion.
Participants will first review basic principles of stretching and assisting clients with movement. They will then have ample opportunity to practice hands-on skills for assessing limitations and how best to approach a session for a desired outcome. The class will go over proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation and active stretching techniques which they will learn to utilize as they go over stretching sessions. With these skills it is the hopes that participants will walk away with a working knowledge of how to apply these techniques in the forms of 5-60 minute stretching sessions they could implement in their practices.
GOAL: To provide massage therapists, fitness professionals, movement therapists, and bodyworkers with an extra set of techniques and skills geared towards improving functional movements of their clients through assisted stretching.
OBJECTIVES: After completing this workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain different ways in which the neuromuscular system responds to pressure and stretch.
- Explain how flexibility and range of motion affects functional movements.
- Be better able to make safe and effective contact with clients through hands-on manipulation.
- Be able to differentiate between hard and soft-end feels of joints.
- Be able to set different baselines and systems of measurement in order to track progress for functionality.
- Understand the theories explaining how proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation and active stretching techniques work.
- Learn how to combine notions of PNF patterns and myofascial connections in stretching to better integrate changes to functional movements.
- Be able to utilize stretching techniques that address various parts of body in terms of improving specific functions.
- Be able to strategize and perform sessions based on an individual’s needs for work ranging from 5-30 minutes
CE CREDIT: Equivalent to 14 Contact Hours (7 Hours per Day), Approved by NCBTMB #1663
Course Requirements: Entry level course for health professionals including, but not limited to, massage therapists, personal trainers, physical therapists, and fitness instructors, no requirements to attend. Students save 10% on registration fee, email email@example.com to inquire for student discount code.
COST: $275.00 ($250.00, early-bird registration available until May 1st, 2022).
Noel L. Poff is a Certified Advanced Rolfer, Certified Rolf Movement Pracitioner, Certified Yoga Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Personal Trainer, and Registered Yoga Teacher. He has been helping people improve their health and wellness since 2004. He started his career early as a certified personal trainer specializing in athletic conditioning. In 2007 he completed his massage therapy certification before graduating from the University of South Carolina in 2009. After earning his Bachelors of Arts in Philosophy he worked a full time schedule in both personal training and massage therapy until 2013 where he became a certified yoga instructor and began teaching classes based on hatha yoga in addition to his work as a CPT and LMT. In 2015 Noel relocated in order to become a Certified Rolfer™. He moved on to earning his advanced certification in 2018 and becomming a certified yoga therapist in 2020. He continues practicing bodywork and learning more about movement improvement in Charleston, SC. Find out more about Noel and his services at www.shiftrolfing.com.
Early Bird Registration
This ticket grants access to weekend workshop on June 11th - 12th, 2022.
This ticket grants access to weekend workshop on June 11th - June 12th.